Learn. Enjoy. Succeed.
Blending the best of the independent and state sectors, we have unashamedly high expectations for every child academically, socially and emotionally by ensuring that children, staff and families work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential.
Here at Whitehall Park School we promote the British Values throughout our school day. Please have a look at Our Values Map to see how British values are embedded within our school.
What we want for our children
- To feel safe and valued as part of a caring learning community that nurtures every child and celebrates success
- To be independent learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively
- To be aspirational
- To be confident enough to take risks in our learning and to learn from our mistakes
- To experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all
- To be polite and courteous
- To understand and respect diversity
- To be aware of and recognise our own learning strengths, as well as needs and to be involved in planning future steps
- To thrive and become independent learners and thinkers
- To foster a sense of belonging within our community
School Values at Whitehall Park
We are a Values-based school which, seeks to promote an educational philosophy based on valuing self, others and the environment through the consideration of an ethical values vocabulary.
Values are principles that guide behaviour. At Whitehall Park School all adults are encouraged to model values and to give time for reflective practices. We believe that this empowers individuals to be effective learners and good citizens. We promote and teach these values to our pupils to ensure they develop the skills to be good citizens now and in the future.
Following our discussions with children and families, we created our own Whitehall Park School values. We promote and teach these values to our pupils to ensure they develop the skills to be good citizens now and in the future.
Each half term we will lead a special values Assembly focusing on that half terms value. Teachers and staff will be promoting these values and embedding them into school life. At the end of each half term we will have another Values assembly where we will celebrate children who we feel have really embraced that value.
The values we have chosen are:
Our pupils will be confident, happy, and successful.
Tolerance, courtesy, understanding and compassion are hard-wired into our ethos. While our focus is on achievement during their time with us, we will never lose sight of the fact that those in our care are beginning their journey and that we are preparing the successful adults of tomorrow for whatever path they choose. Our pupils will be encouraged to understand their place in the wider community and the world, and to learn important skills such as teamwork.
By combining the best that the independent and state sectors have to offer, we will raise focus upon raising standards and closing the gaps for all groups of children. Through excellent provision and our focus on high expectations or ourselves, and every child, our ambition is to quickly become an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ school which parents in the surrounding area will want their children to attend.