Sarah works as a product Chief Operating Officer in the Banking sector covering all aspects of strategic, financial and operational management. Sarah is also a Trustee and member of the Finance Committee at Centre of the Cell – a science charity which focuses on education as a tool for social mobility; building an interest in science as a subject and a career; and improving the health decisions of the local community.
• A solid set of analytical, financial & operational management skills
• The ability to draw trends from data and to articulate to stakeholders clearly / concisely
• The ability to manage politicised tasks and situations with diplomacy and sensitivity
• Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA)
• 1st class life sciences degree from University College London
• Devising a Social Media strategy for Centre of the Cell
• A belief that an excellent education is key to breaking down boundaries and social mobility
Sarah says: My application to be a Governor of WPS was driven by a desire to play an active role in my community, and to consolidate my business and third-sector experience in order to shape a school into one that provides an outstanding education for all its pupils irrespective of their socio-demographic background, whilst ensuring it is run efficiently on both financial and operational bases. As a resident of the Miltons, I have witnessed the gap losing a local school has left in the community, and I am looking forward to working with the GB and school staff to fill this gap with an excellent school.”
Hobbies & Interests:
Learning Mandarin; keeping fit; politics; science; rugby (ex-player); travel.