We are extremely proud to be able to support children in extended schools care from the age of four years old and upwards. We have been able to collaborate with parents, carers and children in order to maximise the provision that we provide and cater for the needs and interests of the children at our school. We are still open to ideas from outside agencies, parents and children in order to provide an extensive and personalised extended schools provision. Please do get in touch with our extended schools team to find out more information.
If you have any friends or family members who are interested in being involved in the after school provision here at Whitehall Park or if they know reliable and engaging club leaders then please get in touch with the team here.
Extended School Provision
Rise and Shine Breakfast Club – 7:45-8:45 Please note that we are unable to accept children after 8:30 am, as this will not leave enough time for them to have their breakfast.
Children are offered a healthy, balanced breakfast before the school day begins. Children can choose from juice or milk, cereal, toast, scrambled eggs, baked beans, sausage, bacon and crumpets. There are then a range of activities available for your child to participate in. The charge is £5 per child per day. We do not offer an Ad Hoc basis; this is due to ensure children are safe, as well as for limited space and staffing.
Après School – 15:30-17:00
This exciting club offers a range of carefully selected extra-curricular activities every day. You will receive more information about these clubs throughout the year, please see below for our current list of Après School Clubs for the Autumn term. If there are any clubs which you would like to request then please contact our Extended Schools Leader here. The charge for our Après School Club are between £8 and £12 per session depending on the club chosen, this includes a light supper.
Twilight Time Monday to Thursday 17:00-18:00. There is no Twilight session on Fridays.
Twilight Time will be led by our experienced Extended Schools team. These sessions will be less formal than the Après School Clubs, but still offer children a broad range of experiences which will appeal to their interests. Depending on the children attending, Twilight Time may involve junk modelling, improving their skills and understanding of board games or creating a birthday card for their upcoming siblings. The charge for twilight club is £5 per day.
2019/2020 Après School Clubs timetable
Bookings for the breakfast, after school and twilight clubs are made using booking forms.
- Payments should be made at the beginning of the term before the club commences, your child may not be able to join the club if evidence of the payment is not given.
- Bookings for the Breakfast and After School Clubs are made through the booking forms.
- Once the club is booked, payments are non-refundable.
- Bookings for the Breakfast Club are for a session and cost £5.00 per
- Bookings for the After School Club are made for Session 1 – Après School Club (from the end of the school day up until 00 pm), Session 2 – Twilight Time (from 5.00 pm – 6.00pm Monday-Thursday) or both sessions (from the end of the school day until 6pm except Fridays).
- The fees for the Après School Clubs are £8.00, £9.00 and £10.00, £11.00 and £12.00 per session depending on the club chosen, Twilight Time is £5.00 per session.
- There is a charge for late collection of pupils (after 6pm). This is £5 per 15 minutes and is applied per pupil.
Please could all children be sent to school with suitable (labelled) clothing for their after school club that day. E.g. if your child has been signed up for football then they will need their PE kit or exercise clothes and strong trainers (school shoes are not suitable). Please make sure all children are dressed appropriately for any weather as they will still be using the outdoor facilities in winter and rainy days. If you child is signed up for Arts and Crafts then old clothes are suitable.
Please note that Aprés school clubs finish at 5pm therefore could parents and carers arrive at 4.55pm to collect their children. It is important that children complete the full hour of each club as there is often a plenary at the end of each session to allow children to evaluate their learning.